March 31, 2022
IDPH and DHS have launched a joint implementation team to act on the recommended changes shared in the Final Change Package. This team will begin work on the first and second impact areas – building an integrated organizational structure and creating a shared direction among state staff and partners. This foundational work was identified as necessary to create the base for a unified department, which in turn allows for collective action on the remaining three impact areas.
The implementation team worked with IDPH and DHS executive leaders to define guiding principles that reflect how the transition departments want to engage in creating the new department.
- Communication: We share clear information to ensure team members and external partners are engaged in and informed about alignment.
- Engagement: We work collaboratively with our team, external partners, and persons with lived experiences to gain buy-in, understand alignment work, and make informed decisions.
- Equity: We create HHS structures that efficiently and effectively provide people who live in Iowa with equitable access to quality services.
- Excellence: We strive to build an HHS system that is an innovative model of excellence.
- Health and Well-being focused: We value and promote the health and well-being of Iowans.
- Team Member Commitment: We showcase a commitment to team members through involvement opportunities, offering support, and working to build a culture where individuals thrive.